Digital Media Convergence Task

PDF and video link below.

One minute me

The aim for my video was to see if I could make something out of nothing. I intended not to plan my shots but instead went out and got random footages and challenged myself to see what I could make out of them. I kept it simple with just texts in white and green colours and I think that worked well considering the fact that the footages were not just about one particular area but I caught different aspect of my surroundings such as Transportation, Education and Business.

I really enjoyed the deal of displaying images on top of a surface and I have accomplished this in my video by displaying texts to stick in front of a large building

As well as using texts I decided to create some moving shapes on a different building to see the kind of reaction I would get and how that would be different from just having still images or texts on a background.

The outcome for this was really brilliant, nothing but just coloured shapes in different sizes moving around bringing life to the building. It could be argued that with these different colours it gives a rough idea on how the building would look if it were to be red, blue or one of the other colours and that is a really good idea that could be useful for people buying or renting new homes and looking to change the colours of their paints.

My video could have been better if it was longer and I had more animations and tracking in it and it would have been more useful if it falls under a category rather than it just being random. The music piece used in the video really suits the style I was going for because it lifted and created a sense of balance between the footages and the animations. All credits to “Music by Dazed by airtone (c) 2012 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. ccmixter.org/files/airtone/39444”

Logo

I made some useful research and studied how contemporary logos are now being made and got inspiration from a few companies such as PlayStation, Facebook etc.

All these logos meet contemporary designs and are easily recognisable. I have followed this movement in creating my own personal logo; I have gone for the colour green because one of the many things the colour is associated with is nature and I’m a big fan of my environment. I used my initials JU and my chosen font because it’s plain and simple, which is basically the idea for the logo ‘plain and simple’ also I included an image of a camera so it gives people the idea of the logo being media related.

Video link

https://vimeo.com/147797902 https://youtu.be/WU7_wdwWtJ8

Vimeo.com YouTube.com